Chancellor's Undergraduate Research Award
Information for Faculty
- Students must have accepted a Federal Work Study Award. If there is uncertainty about whether students have received Federal Work Study funding, faculty or students should complete the CURA Federal Work Study Inquiry Form.
- Faculty must apply on behalf of the student.
- Students will be employed at an hourly rate for a number of hours a week to be determined by the faculty member and his/her department in consultation with Student Employment. Hourly rates range from around .
- A limited number of awards are available for the Fall 2017 term for students who have already been awarded and have accepted Federal Work Study as part of their 2016-2017 Financial Aid package.
- In most cases, students must be signed up for research credit to be eligible for the award. For a complete list of research credit courses, click here.
Credit for students. Students must be signed up for research credit unless doing so is financially disadvantageous (e.g., causes a student to exceed a tuition level they can afford). Credit is typically awarded on the basis of one credit hour for each three hours worked, and may involve other requirements depending upon departmental requirements. The number of hours a student registers for is to be decided by the faculty researcher and the department granting credit. Review the full listing of courses by department.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CHANCELLOR'S UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH AWARD
- Faculty who wish to participate must create a brief profile on the URE Web site.
- Students will contact faculty members directly via the "URE Email Webform" link that appears at the bottom of the faculty member's research information page.
- Faculty will correspond directly with the students and determine whom they'd like to hire under the program.
- Once faculty members have agreed to work with a student, faculty members will complete the CURA Faculty Application Form
- Once submitted, the application will be reviewed by a faculty committee.
- Students and faculty members will be notified via email upon approval of award. Students will be hired by the faculty member’s department.
- Once the faculty review committee has approved the application, the business manager for your department will complete the CURA C-FOAP Account Verification Form.
Applications will be accepted and awards will be granted on a rolling basis, until all slots are filled. But faculty should try to get all applications in early to ensure that students have time to register for credit. That is, students must register for credit before the tenth day of the semester. (Applications submitted after the 10th day of the semester will still be considered if there are awards left--even if students are unable to sign up for credit.)
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments please email: email@example.com